The Family Support Team, who work across other local primary and senior schools, is committed to providing support to ensure all children in the local area get the best start in life. We understand that family life can be difficult at times and our aim is to offer support to families within the community with children from primary through to secondary school in order to provide continuity with their outcomes.
Hague Bar Primary School want to ensure that parents and carers have access to support and advice that will help them in their parenting role so that their children can grow up to achieve positive outcomes. We and the Family Support Team aim to work with families in and open, honest, yet constructive way.
We can offer a range of services for parents/carers and children/young people in order to maximise outcomes for families.
- Parenting support – in the home and through school
- Signposting to other services
- Teenage support and guidance
- Managing behaviour and building family relationships
- Supporting attendance concerns
- Self-esteem and anxiety support
- Early Help Assessments including parent carer toolkit
- 1-1 to support within families
- Connecting communication between services to get the best outcomes for the family and young person as an advocate to achieving successful outcomes
How these services will be provided:
This is provided through an Early Help Assessment which can be completed within school or within the family home or if preferred at an alternative setting.
Workshops will be provided to support specific needs in response to what is required in the area. This will include emotional resilience and parenting support.
Targeted work through schools within focused group work.
If you feel your family may benefit from our service please contact your class teacher to discuss further and they can support you with making a referral.
Further support may be found on the following websites
https://www.safe4me.co.uk/resources - Advice and Support for parents, carers and guardians as part of our commitment to working in partnership to keep children and young people safe.
https://services.actionforchildren.org.uk/derbyshire - committed to helping the most vulnerable children and young people in the UK break through injustice, deprivation and inequality.